I’ve been having a bit of a tough time at the moment, not being able to find a job was really getting me down (I started my new job today though and I couldn’t be happier about it).
Anyway this is a post I’ve been working on for a while, I want to talk about self love and the importance of caring for yourself. Self love is something that is often overlooked. I think it’s important that we’re a little selfish sometimes and look out for ourselves a bit more.
This is something I fully well know I’m bad at, I eat badly and I don’t really exercise so it’s no wonder I feel crappy most of the time. It’s more than that I know, it’s about taking time for yourself, even if it’s just 5 minutes.
So I’ve been thinking about it a lot and come up with a few things that I think will help you care for yourself a little more. (Let’s hope I can take my own advice for once).
- Turn off your phone – Even if it’s for an hour, it’s something. I find myself getting way to obsessed with things to do with my phone like waiting for a text/email back and it’s just unneeded stress. Pulling yourself away from your phone for a little bit is always good.
- ‘You don’t have to do it if you don’t want to’ – This goes for blogging, feeling like you have to go to a party or even doing the dishes, anything. If you’re not feeling up to doing it then don’t. I know sometimes it feels like we have so many obligations but we need to stop putting so much unneccessary pressure on ourselves.
- Don’t blame yourself – Life is never going to be easy and straightforward and it’s important to remember that. Things do go wrong and it’s that simple, don’t blame yourself for things out of your control.
- You don’t have to have it together all of the time – Cry, speak to someone, just let it out every once in a while. Bottling up your emotions just causes more stress in the long run.
- Treat yourself – Getting yourself a little treat every once in a while isn’t going to hurt and it can really lift your spirits.
- Treat yourself how you would treat a friend – Care for yourself and think of what is best for you. It’s important to be selfish sometimes.
- Take some time for yourself everyday – Even if it’s 15 minutes, just give yourself some time to do what makes you happy.
- Be Proud of who you are – I know this can seem really hard but life is too short not to. Let you true self shine and don’t give a fuck what anyone else thinks.
I truly believe that self care is super important and something that is constantly overlooked. I hope that you enjoyed reading this and agree with what I’ve said.
What makes you feel relaxed when you’re stressed? Is there something you do to make yourself happy?
Hope you all are having an amazing weekend.
I’m thinking of doing a ‘get to know me’ sort of post at some point. I’d love if you commented/emailed me some questions and I could do a post answering them. Just an idea I have at the moment but it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a while.
You can email me here >>> firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow my instagram >>> thatfeelinginsideblog
Follow my twitter >>> @thatfeelinside