Today’s post was originally going to be something completely different but after reading Lise’s Beauty Tag post, I thought fuck it.. it looks like a lot of fun so I thought why not. Not sure if you like these kinds of posts but I always really enjoy doing them.
So here it goes, hope you enjoy.
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
I think the first ever ‘proper’ make up that I bought was a blue eye shadow from natural collection, I remember being so excited about it.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
Hmm, I think one that lengthens the lashes without making them look clumpy. Not really, I find I go through phases with mascara like I use a different one nearly every time I do my make up.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
Medium to full coverage. I don’t like anything to thick but like it full enough coverage that you can tell I’m wearing something, to sort of smooth out my skin a little.
4. Favourite high end brand?
Probably Urban Decay but could soon become Too Faced.
5. What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Colour pop. I’ve heard such good things about them and I really want to try some of their products.
6. Favourite drugstore brand?
Does NYX count? If they do then definitely them. NYX is amazing and their prices don’t break the bank.
7. Do you wear false lashes?
Occasionally yes. I find there is a fine line between them looking amazing and me looking like an absolute mess.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
I often go out without any make up but my go to is definitely liquid eyeliner. If you didn’t already know – I loooooove my wings.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
I don’t know to be honest. Probably my liquid liner again – NYX’s epic liner is amazing.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get lots of goodies at once?
I’ve calmed down a lot with buying make up. I used to go crazy and go crazy and buy a load of makeup. I think I’m more likely to get a load of goodies at once as I get a little carried away.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
I probably should have a budget, I have the tendency to go a bit crazy. I pretty much spend freely with beauty products. Since starting my blog I’ve found a new way of justifying my purchases – ‘I’ll review it for my blog’. I need to be stopped (hehe).
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Yes, yes , yeeeees. I am so obsessed with boots points. I can be so easily convinced to buy beauty products when there is a sale on.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
Face masks probably. I absolutely love the feeling after using a face mask.
14. Is there a brand you absolutely can’t stand?
I don’t think so. I try to avoid brands that aren’t cruelty free but it can be quite difficult sometimes.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics, like parabens or sulfates?
No, I probably should look more into that.
16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
Superdrug. I could spend so much money there and convince myself I got a bargain because I’m using my student card and getting points.
17. Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine?
I usually stick to the same routine but every so often I try a new product.
18. Favourite bath and body brand?
Hmm, I really don’t know. I’m not very fussy with bath and body brands to be honest, I like something that is gentle on skin and not overly perfumed.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
This is a hard question. Probably NYX.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I really like benefit’s packaging, I think it’s super cute and retro.
21. Which celebrity always have great makeup?
Not really sure to be honest with you, can’t say there are any celebrities I’ve ever thought ‘her makeup looks shit’. Don’t most of them have amazing makeup.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
23. 5 Favourite beauty gurus:
I’m not too sure about beauty gurus but my favourite makeup blogger is Thuy Le, I could literally watch her videos all day.. I’m obsessed.
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
They’re fine, I don’t mind them but they’re not my go to either.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Definitely, always end up with mascara where it shouldn’t be or I’ve somehow got some makeup on my hand and then accidentally rubbed it on my face. Clumsy is my middle name.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Always for my face, using the Too Faced hangover one at the moment which is amazing. You can read about that here (If you fancy it). I used to for my eyes but sort of gave up as I wasn’t seeing much different.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Shampoo and conditioner if I shower and heat defence spray if I straighten it. 3 I guess?
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation. I don’t always wear concealer.
29. Would you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Yes, definitely. I think it would be such a fun thing to do and give me a chance to expand my skills a bit.
30. What do you love about makeup?
I think it’s so much fun and you can create endless looks with it. I love that you can express yourself with it and that any one can use it.
I’d love to read your answers to this tag, I think they’re such fun questions and something different.
Do you like posts like this? I would love to hear what you think.
You can email me here >>> firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow my instagram >>> thatfeelinginsideblog
Follow my twitter >>> @thatfeelinside